Siebel Assignment Manager Administration Guide > Running Assignment Manager > Running Interactive Assignment >
Running Interactive Assignment from the UI
The Activity and Service Request assignment objects are predefined to use interactive assignment, which allows you to assign employees to activities and service requests in real time.
To run interactive assignment from the UI
- Navigate to either of the following locations:
- Activities screen > Activity List > All Activities view
- Service Requests screen > All Service Requests view
- In the All Service Requests or All Activities list, select an open service request or activity for assignment.
- In the More Info form, click the Menu button and select Assign to start interactive assignment.
For an example, see Figure 4.
- Choose an assignee from the list of best candidates provided by Assignment Manager.
The Siebel client then:
- Communicates with the Siebel Assignment Manager on the Siebel Server and creates a list of qualified employees for the activity or service request.
- Displays the list of qualified employees to the Siebel user, sorted by the descending order of scores.
- Sets the activity or service request owner to the employee that is chosen when clicking the Assign button.