Siebel Automotive Guide > Managing Collections >
Using Assignment Rules
After you have created the assignment rules, you must release them by performing the procedure that follows. Releasing assignment rules activates the rules and make them usable, they will not assign accounts based on rules however. For more information on assignment rules, see the Siebel Assignment Manager Administration Guide.
To release assignment rules
- Navigate to Administration - Collections > Collections Assignments view.
- In the Collections Assignments list, click Query.
- In the Assignment field, query for the Territory name you want to use. For example, Rule1_AutoCF.
- Click the Release button on the Collections Assignments applet
This rule is now activated. The rule can also be released from the Administration - Assignment > Territories view where it is created.
To assign accounts according to active assignment rules
- Using the start task command, enter the following command to assign accounts according to the rules created:
"start task for comp AsgnBatch with AsgnMode="MatchAssign",
AsgnObjName="Financial Account", ObjWhereClause="where ASSET_NUM LIKE '<ACCOUNT NAME>'"
where the <ACCOUNT NAME> is the name of the financial account.
- If you want to assign all financial accounts which have names like "Collections1", "Collections2", "Collections3", and so on, the command would be as follows:
Start task for comp AsgnBatch with AsgnMode="MatchAssign", AsgnObjName="Financial
Account", ObjWhereClause="where ASSET_NUM LIKE 'Collections%'"
This assigns all accounts selected by the query in the statement based on all current active assignment rules.
To verify that the financial accounts are assigned
- Navigate to Administration - Collections > Collections Reassignment view.
- In the Employee list, Position field query to find the position.
For example, Managing Collections - Managing Collections Preferences
- Verify the First Name and Last Name field.
When you select the record in the Employee list, the accounts that are associated with the positions appear on the bottom of the screen.