Siebel Dealer Administration Guide > Dealers' Use of Siebel Dealer for Captive Finance >
Using Siebel Dealer for Credit Origination
During credit origination, the dealer uses the following views to create and manage credit applications:
- Application screen > Applications list view. This views and its subviews are used to create applications and to enter and track their details. These views are the same as the views with the same names in Siebel Automotive and Siebel Finance.
- Contacts screen > Contact List > Contact Applications view. This view is used to view applications for a contact. This is the same as the Contacts > Contact List > Applications view of Siebel Automotive and Siebel Finance.
- Accounts screen > Accounts List > Account Applications view. This view is used to view applications for an account. This is the same as the Accounts > Accounts List > Applications view of Siebel Automotive and the same as the Companies > Companies List > Applications view of Siebel Finance.
For information about how to use these views to create and manage an application, see the section about managing Siebel Finance applications in Siebel Finance Guide.
NOTE: Not all of the information in Siebel Finance Guide applies to Siebel Dealer, only the information describing views that are included in Siebel Dealer.
After creating the loan application, as described in Siebel Finance Guide, the dealer uses the Vehicles screen to associate the loan application with the vehicle that the loan is being used to purchase or lease.
To associate a vehicle with a loan application
- In Siebel Dealer, navigate to the Vehicles screen > Auto Vehicle List view.
- In the Vehicles list, click the VIN of the vehicle that the loan applies to.
- Click the Financing Applications view tab.
- In the Applications list, click New.
The Applications dialog box appears.
- In the Applications dialog box, select the loan application for this vehicle and click OK.