Siebel Dealer Administration Guide > Dealers' Use of Siebel Dealer for Sales > Process of Creating and Using Sales Steps (Dealer) >
Using Sales Steps (Dealer)
Sales steps are used in two ways:
- Sales consultants use them as a work plan, going through the sales steps in order to work each opportunity.
- While sales consultants are working opportunities, when they complete each step, they mark that it is completed. When they complete the sales step, an activity is created in the Activities screen, recording the sales step. This allows the Siebel application to track their progress to their goal and to generate the appropriate sales steps for the next day's work plan.
Dealer sales consultants use the Contact screen to mark sales steps as completed.
This task is a step in Process of Creating and Using Sales Steps (Dealer).
To use sales steps
- Navigate to the Contacts screen.
- In the Contacts list, select the customer.
- Click the Opportunities view tab.
- In the Opportunities list, select the opportunity that is being worked on.
- Under the Opportunities form, click the Sales Steps view tab.
The Sales Step list appears, with all the steps that were defined in the Sales Step Administration screen.
- In the record for the sales step that has just been completed, select the Completed check box.
The current date is automatically entered in the Date field, the sales consultant's login name is automatically entered in the Sales Consultant field, and an Activity record is automatically created recording this sales step.