Siebel Business Process Designer Administration Guide > Workflow Policies > About Customizing Workflow Policies with Siebel Tools >
Defining a Workflow Policy Column
Before you can add a workflow policy column to a workflow policy component, you must define the workflow policy column in the Workflow Policy Column List view.
The procedure has two basic parts. First, you need to identify the business object, business component, and applet that will use the new workflow policy column. Second, you create the new workflow policy column.
To add a new policy column
- Start Siebel with
- In Siebel Client, navigate to the view that will use the new policy column, for example, the Account > Activities view.
- Pull down Help > About View.
A dialog box appears identifying the business object, business components, and applets the view uses. Make note of this information.
- In Siebel Tools, select the Business Component identified in step 3 from the Object Explorer and scroll to the Table field.
This Table field identifies the Siebel database table that this business component represents. Make note of this information.
- In Siebel Tools, select Workflow Policy Column from the Object Explorer.
- Navigate to Edit >New Record.
- Fill in the rest of the fields in the Workflow Policy Columns view with the values you found in previous steps.
NOTE: The table name/column name combination must be unique. You are not allowed to add a record if your table name/column name combination has already been defined in another record.