Siebel Business Process Designer Administration Guide > Workflow Policies > About Workflow Policies Server Administration >
Starting Workflow Agent Processes Automatically with Siebel Server
You can specify that the Workflow Agent Process for a Workflow Group automatically starts when the Siebel Server is started.
To start a Workflow Monitor Agent Process automatically
- In the Siebel client, from the application-level menu, choose Navigate > Site Map > Administration - Server Configuration > Enterprises > Component Definitions.
- In the Component Definitions list, select the Workflow Monitor Agent in Server Components and set the parameters in Component Parameters to the following values:
- Group Name. Enter the name of Workflow Group you want to start under Current Value. It will be copied to Value on Restart.
- Default Tasks. Enter 1 under Value on Restart for starting one Workflow Agent.
- Use Action Agent. Default is False, which means Workflow Action Agent is run automatically in Workflow Monitor Agent.
See Table 67 for a detailed description of these parameters.
NOTE: If you want to Workflow Action Agent to run as a separate process for the above Workflow Monitor Agent, follow the above steps plus the following revised Step 2: Enter True under Current Value for Use Action Agent.
To start multiple Workflow Monitor Agent Processes for multiple Workflow Groups
- Create a defined component as a Server mode component with WorkMon Component Type, and then assign the component to Siebel Server.
- Create a defined component for each additional Workflow Group.
- Follow the steps listed above to configure each component to start automatically.