Siebel Collaboration Guide > Getting Started with Siebel Collaboration >
Setting Up the Symbolic URL for Access to the SharePoint Portal Server
This URL format specifies the addresses of new team spaces that are created from within the Siebel application:
- [ObjectType] is Opp or SR, depending on whether the team space is based on an opportunity or service request record.
- [ROW_ID] is the ID number of the originating opportunity or service request record.
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up Siebel Collaboration.
To set up the symbolic URL for access to the SharePoint Portal Server
- Navigate to the Administration - Integration screen > WI Symbolic URL List view.
- From the Show drop-down list, choose Host Administration.
- In the Host Administration list, select the record whose Virtual Name is SharepointHost.
- Set the Name field for this record to the name of your SharePoint portal site. Do not include the protocol prefix.
For example, if the URL of your SharePoint portal site is at
:88 then enter sharepoint_server
:88 in the Name field.
- From the Show drop-down list, choose Symbolic URL Administration.
- In the Symbolic URL Administration list, select the CollaborationTeamspace record, and make sure the URL is