Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide > Administering Siebel Communications Server > Siebel Server Requirements for Communications Server >
Server Components for Communications Server
The Communications Management component group includes these server components:
- Communications Session Manager (CommSessionMgr). Supports multichannel user-interactive sessions for agents using the communications toolbar for voice, email, or other types of work items. For details, see Enabling Session Communications and Simulation and Administering Communications Session Manager.
- Communications Configuration Manager (CommConfigMgr). Loads and caches communications configuration data, for agents using functions supported by the Communications Session Manager. For details, see Administering Communications Configuration Manager.
- Communications Inbound Receiver (CommInboundRcvr). Receives and queues inbound work items, and queues them for processing by Communications Inbound Processor. Work items may include email messages (for Siebel Email Response) or voice work items that are to be routed using Siebel Universal Queuing (for Siebel CTI).
- Communications Inbound Processor (CommInboundProcessor). Processes inbound work items that were queued by Communications Inbound Receiver. For details, see Administering Communications Inbound Processor.
- Communications Outbound Manager (CommOutboundMgr). Processes outbound communications, for email, fax, or page channels. Supports communication requests, whether directly or through Siebel Workflow. Also supports outbound capabilities for Siebel Email Response, Send Email, and Send Fax commands. For details, see Administering Communications Outbound Manager.
- Page Manager (PageMgr). Used to send pages by the Send Page command. Also used by some workflow processes in Siebel Workflow. For more information about setting up and using Page Manager, see Siebel Business Process Designer Administration Guide.
- Email Manager (MailMgr). Used to send email by some workflow processes in Siebel Workflow. For more information about setting up and using Email Manager, see Siebel Business Process Designer Administration Guide.
- Smart Answer Manager (SmartAnswer). Supports the Siebel Smart Answer product option. For more information, see Siebel Smart Answer Administration Guide and Siebel Email Response Administration Guide.
- Message Broadcast Manager (MsgBroadcastMgr). Supports the message broadcasting feature. For more information, see Applications Administration Guide.