Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide > Configuring Communications Drivers and Profiles > About Communications Drivers and Profiles >
Contexts of Use for Communications Profiles
Communications profiles, whether created by administrators or (in limited contexts) by end users, may be specified for use by administrators and end users in many communications-related contexts within the Siebel application.
Administrator Contexts for Using Profiles
Administrators specify profiles in the following contexts:
- When defining communications configurations to support handling interactive work items such as voice calls for Siebel CTI or email messages for Siebel Email Response with Siebel Universal Queuing.
- When defining response groups for inbound communications, such as to support Siebel Email Response.
End Users Contexts for Using Profiles
General end users specify profiles in the following contexts:
- When specifying a default email/fax profile in the User Preferences screen (Outbound Communications options). The profile specifies the message sender.
- To specify the sender when sending outbound communications using the Send Email command (for the native Siebel email client) or Send Fax commands.
Specialized end users specify profiles in the following contexts:
- When defining communications templates for use with outbound communication requests.
- When defining contact lists for vendor campaign execution for Siebel Marketing.
If the capability is provided to them, end users can create profiles for their own use, by using the My Profiles view in the Communications screen. User-defined profiles support particular features, such as the Send Email or Send Fax commands, for which the users can directly specify the profile to be used.
Visibility Criteria for End Users Working with Profiles
In any of the preceding contexts, an end user can see only the profiles that meet one of the following conditions:
- The responsibility associated with the profile is one of the user's responsibilities.
- The organization associated with the profile includes the position that is the user's current position.
- The profile was created by the user.