Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide > Configuring Session Communications > Defining Communications Commands >
This section describes how to create commands, using the All Commands view.
Associating a command data definition to a command is optional. For example, commands that contain subcommands do not need a command data definition.
The Commands view tab in the All Command Data view lets you view the commands with which the current command data definition is associated.
In Step 6 in the following procedure, associating a profile with a command is optional. It can help you avoid collisions if the same device command is available in multiple drivers.
NOTE: If you are implementing a custom communications driver, see also Configuring Communications List of Values Types.
To create commands
- Navigate to Administration - Communications > All Commands.
- In the Commands list, add a new record.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the command.
- Specify the configuration to associate this command with:
- In the Configuration field, click the select button to display the Pick Configuration dialog box.
- Select an existing configuration with which you want to associate the command, then click OK.
- Specify the command data to associate with this command:
- In the Command Data field, click the select button. The Pick Command Data dialog box appears, displaying existing command data definitions associated with the same configuration as the command.
- Scroll to display any additional records that are not shown, or use Query or Find to locate records matching certain criteria.
- Select a command data definition you want to associate with the command, then click OK.
- Optionally, specify the profile to associate this command with:
- In the Profile field, click the select button. The Pick Profile dialog box appears, displaying existing profiles associated with the same configuration as the command.
- Select a profile with which you want to associate the command, then click OK.
The name of the communications driver for the profile is displayed along with that of the profile.
- Enter any desired comments for the command.