Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide > Using Email, Fax, and Other Systems > Configuring Client-Side Integration for Send Email >
Installing the Siebel Email Form for Lotus Notes
This section describes how to install the Siebel email form for Lotus Notes. The email form may be installed on the server machine where Lotus Domino is running, or on each client machine where Lotus Notes is running.
For users on the Siebel Mobile Web Client who will use Lotus Notes for the Send Email command while disconnected from the network, the email form must be installed locally on the client machine.
If you deploy the form on local client machines, then you must redistribute any subsequent updates to all client machines.
NOTE: For additional deployment options for the Notes database and email form, contact your administrator for Lotus Notes and Lotus Domino.
The Siebel email form for Lotus Notes, Siebel Memo, is contained within the Notes database file Siebel7Email.nsf.
You can rename the default Siebel email form, or add to this database additional Siebel email forms based on the default. If you do either of these, make sure that the names of all supported Siebel forms are included in the List of Values type for the Siebel/Lotus Form drop-down list, located in the Outbound Communications options of the User Preferences screen.
To specify a custom form as a global default, then you must also specify its name using the Siebel/Lotus Form server component parameter (for Siebel Web Client deployments) or the LotusForm configuration file parameter (for Siebel Mobile Web Client), as described in Email Client Parameters.
To install the Siebel email form for Lotus Notes
- Locate the Notes database file Siebel7Email.nsf on the Siebel network image, as described in About Installing the Siebel Email Form.
- Copy this file to the clipboard.
- Paste the Siebel7Email.nsf file into the appropriate destination location. Do one of the following:
- On the Lotus Domino server machine, paste the file into the Data subdirectory in the Lotus Domino installation directory. For example, the location may be:
In this example, a Siebel subdirectory has been created in the Data directory.
- On each client machine, paste the file into the Data subdirectory in the Lotus Notes client installation directory. For example, the location may be:
- Right-click on the file Siebel7Email.nsf, select Properties, uncheck the check box for the Read-only attribute (in order to allow read-write access), and click OK.
NOTE: If the file Siebel7Email.nsf has the Read-only attribute set, then error messages may be displayed to end users when they use the Send Email command.
- On each client machine, add a line to the notes.ini file in your Lotus Notes installation, to indicate the location of the Notes database file, Siebel7Email.nsf. Do one of the following:
- If you pasted Siebel7Email.nsf onto the Lotus Domino server machine, add an entry like the following (on one line):
SIEBELFORMPATH = dominoserver_hostname\dominoserver_name:Siebel\Siebel7Email.nsf
where dominoserver_hostname is the name of the host machine on which the Lotus Domino server is running and dominoserver_name is the name of the Lotus Domino server itself.
In this example, a Siebel subdirectory has been created in the Data directory. A variable definition in the form shown above is appropriate for an actual location such as the following path on the Lotus Domino server machine:
- If you pasted Siebel7Email.nsf onto each client machine, add an entry like one of the following (on one line):
SIEBELFORMPATH = Siebel7Email.nsf
SIEBELFORMPATH = :D:\Lotus\Notes\Data\Siebel7Email.nsf
As shown in the first example above, you can simply specify the name of the file, if it is located in the Notes database directory.
CAUTION: If a full path on the client machine is specified as the value for SIEBELFORMPATH, then this variable must be defined using a leading colon (:), as shown in the second example above. Otherwise, the file will not be able to be opened.
(If the file is added to users' mail files on each client machine, then the SIEBELFORMPATH variable may not need to be defined. For more information, refer to your third-party vendor documentation for Lotus Notes.)
The Notes email form Siebel Memo is now ready to be used. To finish configuring your use of Lotus Notes, go to Overview of Completing Email Client Configuration.