Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide > Using Email, Fax, and Other Systems > Configuring Client-Side Integration for Send Email >
Completing Configuration for Lotus Notes
This section describes the remaining steps for configuring the Siebel software to use Lotus Notes for the Send Email command.
To complete configuration for Lotus Notes email client
- Set the following parameters to TRUE in the configuration file on the Siebel Server (for Siebel Web Clients) or on the Siebel Mobile Web Client, such as uagent.cfg for Siebel Call Center.
These parameters are located in the [SWE] section of the configuration file. By default, these parameters are FALSE:
- As appropriate, specify a global default designating Lotus Notes as the email client your users will use for the Send Email command. (If this is not specified, then the Siebel native email client is the default.)
- Specify a global default designating Siebel Memo as the name of the email form you use with Lotus Notes:
- Specify a global default specifying where email attachments will be temporarily stored:
- As appropriate for your deployment, end users may specify Siebel user preference settings for their email client. Users may set user preferences, for example, if you are supporting more than one email client option for Send Email.
Setting user preferences overrides the corresponding global defaults specified using the Default Email Client or Siebel/Lotus Form parameters, described in Table 78. The global defaults are used if no user preference has been set.
Applicable user preferences in the Send Email section of the Outbound Communications options of the User Preferences screen include: