Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide > Defining Outbound Communication Requests > Monitoring Outbound Communication Request Status >
Monitoring Siebel Server Request Status
Outbound communication requests initiated by end users or administrators can be monitored in the Administration - Server Management screen, under the Jobs link. This view displays the status of a request that is being sent as a server request to the Communications Outbound Manager component for processing as a communication request.
When a user or an administrator clicks the Submit button to submit an outbound communication request to Siebel Communications Server, a Siebel Server request is created.
The Server Request Processor and Server Request Broker server components initially process the request, then pass it to the Communications Outbound Manager server component for further processing.
NOTE: Server Request Processor and Server Request Broker must be running for the Communications Outbound Manager to operate. The processing of a request is subject to the availability of these components. Delays in request processing may be due to intermittent availability of these components.
An administrator can monitor outbound communication requests as server requests, using the Jobs view.
In addition, the administrator can perform several actions on a request:
- Hold. Hold back a request from the queue.
- Resume. Place a request back in the queue.
- Cancel. Cancel a request that is currently in the queue.
For more information about server requests, see Siebel System Administration Guide.
To monitor outbound communication requests as server requests
- Navigate to Administration - Server Management.
- Click the Jobs link.
- In the Jobs list or the Job Detail form, query for all server request records in which the value for the Component/Job field is Communications Outbound Manager (or the component name for your implementation).