Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide > Configuring Communications Templates > Fields for Templates >
This section describes the template options you specify in the Simple form.
The following fields are grouped under Template Properties:
- Name (required). See Templates List.
- Channel Type (required). See Templates List.
- Template Type. Specify the type of template. This option helps users choose templates with the appropriate function. Default values include Greeting, Body, and Closing. Consider the following points when you specify a template type:
- A reply message for Siebel Email Response can use all of these template types.
- The Send commands use templates of type Body.
- Language (required). See Templates List.
- Locale (required). See Templates List.
- HTML Template. Check this option to specify that an email or fax template is an HTML template. Leave this box unchecked if the template is plain text. If this box is not checked, then any formatting you apply in the Text field is stripped when you save the template.
For an advanced template, checking the HTML Template check box also specifies that HTML text from template items specified for the message body is sent as HTML. If HTML Template is not checked, this text is converted to plain text before sending.
For information about HTML formatting in the Text field, see Editing and Formatting Controls for Template Text.
This setting also determines whether the template may be listed in the context of use, based on the applicable outbound communications user preference setting for default message format (for Send Email or Send Fax, or for email replies for Siebel Email Response).
For more information, see Template Visibility and Access and Preference Settings for Outbound Communications.
- Public. Check this option to make this template available for all users to specify in the context in which the templates will be used, such as in using the Send commands or sending email replies. Leave this box unchecked if the template is available only to the current user and to administrators.
Pick Available Substitutions
The following fields are grouped under Pick Available Substitutions:
- Object. Select from a picklist the type of recipient group (object) for the template. The recipient groups you can choose correspond to business objects for which a primary business component is specified—such as Account, Opportunity, Contact, and so on.
The object specified for the template is optional and is used to obtain values for the Substitutions list.
The recipient group you specify here only determines which substitution fields are available for the template text. The actual recipients are determined in the context in which the template is used—such as in using the Send commands or sending email replies.
NOTE: Compare the Object field on the Simple tab functions to the Recipient Group field on the Advanced tab.
- Substitutions. Displays the business component fields that are valid for substitution. You can copy and paste such fields into the Text field for the template.
The fields available for substitution are from the primary business component of the business object specified by the Object field.
All substitution fields must be enclosed within brackets ([ ]) in the template text.
For example, available substitution fields for Contact include [Contact.Last Name], while fields for Account include [Account.Name].
NOTE: For an HTML template, make sure that the enclosing brackets and text of any substitution field text do not include any tagging changes. For example, do not change from bold to regular text within the enclosing brackets of a substitution field. Doing so may prevent proper data substitution.
If your template must contain a literal bracket character ([ or ]), insert a backslash character (\) before the bracket to "escape" the bracket character, so it will be correctly interpreted.
NOTE: If a substitution field is not enclosed in brackets, or if some other notation is used, such as enclosing the field name within percentage characters (%), then Communications Outbound Manager cannot perform substitution for the field.
The following fields are grouped under Compose Template:
- Subject. Enter text for a subject line for the template.
Text in the Subject field can also include substitutions from the Substitutions list, as determined by the specified object (Object field):
- For a new email message (as opposed to a reply), the text from this field is used in the Subject line of the message.
- For a reply message in Siebel Email Response, the subject-line text is derived from the subject line of the original inbound email message.
- For a fax, the text from this field appears on the cover page of the faxed message.
NOTE: If you are using Captaris RightFax with the Unicode patch, then the subject text will appear on the fax cover page only for ENU (U.S. English) software. For all other languages, the subject text will appear on a second page of the faxed message. For more information, see Integrating with Fax Systems.
- For a page message the text from the Subject field is not used.
- Text. Specify text for the template. As appropriate, you can copy and paste fields from the available substitutions.
All template text appears at the start of the message body.
For information about editing and formatting within this field, see Editing and Formatting Controls for Template Text.