Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide > Upgrading from Release 6.x >
About Upgrading from Release 6.x
This appendix describes upgrade issues that apply to the following modules:
- Siebel CTI, release 6.x (or earlier)
- Siebel Communications Server, release 6.x
- Send Email/Send Fax/Send Page commands, release 6.x (or earlier)
- Siebel CTI scripts from release 6.x
For more information about upgrading, see the Upgrade Guide for the operating system you are using See also System Requirements and Supported Platforms on Siebel SupportWeb.
In order to understand the upgrade issues described here, you must understand how Siebel Communications Server in release 7.x differs from Siebel CTI, Siebel Communications Server, and other communications features in release 6.x.
It is recommended that you closely compare the features documented for the current version with those described in the Siebel CTI Guide and Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide for previous versions.
For information about upgrading specific modules related to Communications Server, or implementing new modules, also see the following documentation:
- Siebel Universal Queuing Administration Guide (new product for 7.x)
- Siebel Email Response Administration Guide
- Applications Administration Guide