Siebel Consumer Goods Guide > Product Distribution >
Reviewing Account Catalogs (End User)
Account catalogs contain detailed information about the categories and products your company has made available to be ordered by a specific account.
If you are an account manager with responsibility for creating quotes and orders, you will find account catalogs to be a valuable resource in providing information about the products that are available. You can review catalogs in preparation for a visit or telephone call with an account's buyer. If you use the Siebel Consumer Goods application on a laptop computer, you can display the catalogs as you meet with buyers, allowing them to view prices and other critical information about your company's products for upcoming seasons.
This task is a step in Process of Managing Product Distribution.
To review an account catalog
- Navigate to the Accounts screen > Accounts List view.
- Drill down on the Name field hyperlink for a selected account, and click the Account Catalogs view tab.
A list of catalogs for the account you selected appears in the Account Catalogs list.
- In the Account Catalogs list, drill down on the Name field hyperlink.
The Catalogs More Info view appears.
- In the Catalogs list, drill down on the Name field hyperlink a second time.
The Catalog Categories view appears. The Categories list displays the categories of the chosen catalog and the Category Details form displays the highest-level category.
- In the Categories link bar, click the Products link.
The Categories Products view appears.
You can review:
- The category hierarchy in the Categories list.
- Product details, by clicking on the product name hyperlink.