Configuring Siebel eBusiness Applications > Editing Applet Layout >
Copying and Pasting Items in a Grid Layout
Grid layout allows you to copy and paste items.
To copy and paste controls
- Navigate to the applet you want to edit, right-click, and then choose Edit Web Layout.
- In the Mode field of Web Controls toolbar, choose the applet mode that you want to edit.
- In the Layout Canvas, hold down the Shift key, and then select the items you want to copy.
- Choose Edit > Copy.
- Go to the Web template where you want the items to appear and then choose Edit > Paste.
- If you are pasting into the same applet Web template, new Control and Applet Web Template Item objects are created.
- If you are pasting into the same applet, but to another mode, only Applet Web Template Items are created.
- If you are pasting to a different applet, new Control and Applet Web Template Item objects are created.
When you choose Edit > Undo or delete Applet Web Template Items from layouts, controls are not automatically deleted. If you want to delete the controls, you need to do it manually.
CAUTION: If you are working in language override mode and you choose Edit > Undo after you have cut items from the applet layout, close the Applet Layout Editor without saving your changes. Otherwise. you will encounter errors.