Configuring Siebel eBusiness Applications > Overview of Configuring Siebel Applications > About Configuring Siebel Applications >
About Structuring Development Work
There are two common approaches to structuring the development work required to configure Siebel applications:
- Assign a single developer or group the development role for a complete functional area.
- For example, one group or an individual person may develop a Web page and all the supporting logical business object definitions and data object definitions.
- This approach typically enables different groups to implement in parallel.
- Assign a single developer or group to a specific architectural layer.
- This approach takes advantage of the specialized expertise of developers—for example:
- The RDBMS specialists can implement extensions in the Data Objects Layer.
- The system architects can implement the Business Object Layer.
- The UI developers can implement the User Interface Objects Layer.
- Using a Web template requires each group to complete some work before another group begins.