Configuring Siebel eBusiness Applications > Configuring Screens and Views >
Example of Configuring Applet Toggles
This topic gives one example of configuring an applet toggle. You may use this feature differently, depending on your business model.
Suppose you use the Contact business component to store information about your customer's preferred payment method. Payment methods are cash, credit card, or check. For each payment method, you need to gather different data:
- Cash. No special data requirement, this is the default payment method
- Credit Card. Credit Card Type, Credit Card Number, Expiration Date
- Check. Checking Account Number, Routing Number, Driver License Number, Driver License State
You could configure this example using a static toggle applet or a dynamic toggle applet. A static toggle applet would require the user to toggle between the different applets by selecting it from the Show drop-down list. Dynamic toggle would automatically toggle between applets based on the value entered in a Payment Type field.
To configure applet toggles (an example)
- Create new fields in the Contact business component to capture the following information:
- Payment Method (use a static bound picklist that contains Cash, Credit Card, and Check)
- Credit Card Type
- Credit Card Number
- Expiry Date
- Checking Account Number
- Routing Number
- Driver License Number
- Driver License State
- Expose the Payment Method Field in the Contact Form Applet. This is the default applet that would be used when the contact's preferred payment method is Cash.
- Create two copies of the Contact Form Applet.
Name one of them Contact Form Applet - Credit Card and the other Contact Form Applet - Check.
- Expose the following fields in the Contact Form Applet - Credit Card:
- Expose the following fields in the Contact Form Applet - Check:
- Find and select the Contact Form Applet in the Object List Editor, navigate to the Applet Toggle child object, type and create the following records:
- Record 1:
- Applet=Contact Form Applet - Check
- Auto Toggle Field=Payment Method
- Auto Toggle Value=Check
- Name=Contact Form Applet - Check
- Parent Name=Contact Form Applet
- Record 2:
- Set Immediate Post Changes property of the Payment Method business component field to TRUE.
If the Immediate Post Changes property is set to FALSE, then the toggle does not occur until the user saves the record.
- Compile your changes and test.