Configuring Siebel eBusiness Applications > Configuring Screens and Views >
Creating Views Using the View Wizard
The View Wizard steps you through the process of creating views. Use the View Wizard to create views because it prompts you for required information, sets property values, and configures dependent objects.
NOTE: The View Wizard can not be used when the ClientConfigurationMode CFG parameter is set to All.
To create a view using the wizard
- Choose File > New Object from the Siebel Tools main menu.
The New Object Wizard dialog box appears.
- Click the View icon, and then click OK.
- In the New View page, do the following:
- Select the project that you want the view to be part of.
- Enter a unique name for the new view.
- Select the Business object whose data the view will display.
- Enter the title for the view.
- In the View Web Layout - Select Template page, select the template you wish to use for your new view.
For a complete list of View Web Templates, see Siebel Developer's Reference.
- In the Web Layout - Applets page, select the applets that you want to appear in the Web layout and then click Next.
- In the Finish page, review your selections, and then click Finish.
The View Layout Editor appears, allowing you to edit the view layout if necessary. For more information, see Editing View Layout.
TIP: If the applets do not display properly in the view layout editor, exit the editor and make sure that the Applet Mode property for each View Web Template Item is set to a valid value. You can do this by launching the pick applet for that property for each applet. When you launch the editor again, the applets are rendered properly.
- To preview the view, right-click in the Web Layout Editor, and then choose Preview.
- Save your new view by choosing File > Save.