Configuring Siebel eBusiness Applications > Configuring Special Purpose Applets >
Using the Tree Applet Wizard
The following procedure identifies the steps required to create a new tree applet using the Tree Applet Wizard.
NOTE: The Tree Applet Wizard creates the tree object but does not create Tree Node child objects. You must add a Tree Node object for each applet that you want to appear in the Explorer section of the view, including the top-level node, such as service requests. For more information, see Tree Node.
To create a tree applet using the Tree Applet Wizard
- From the Tools main menu, choose File > New Object.
The New Object Wizard dialog box appears.
- Select the Applets tab and then select the Tree Applet icon.
- In the General dialog box, enter the following information, and then click Next:
- Business Component
- Display Name
- In the Web Layout-General dialog box, select the Web template to use for the tree applet, and then click Next.
Some templates used for tree applets are:
- Applet Tree
- Applet Tree 2
- Applet Tree Marketing
- In the Finish dialog box, review the information, and then click Finish.
The Tree Applet Wizard creates the tree object and sets the required properties based on the information you entered.