Siebel Correspondence, Proposals, and Presentations Guide > Proposals > Creating Proposal Template Documents in Microsoft Word >
Creating a Styles Document
After you plan your template, you work on the styles document for the template. This Word document will define the layout of your proposal and may include such things as headers, footers, your logo, and special margins.
The layout options you specify will automatically be applied to all the components used in the proposal.
NOTE: Do not type any content into this document. The content will come from the individual component documents that you will create later.
To set up styles for your template
- Create a new document in Microsoft Word.
- Set up margins, headers, footers, fonts, and other layout options for your template.
- When you are finished creating styles, save the file:
- Choose a name that uses only alphanumeric characters.
- Use the .doc extension for Microsoft Word.
- Close the file.