Siebel Data Quality Administration Guide > Finding and Using Siebel Data Quality Information > Important Siebel Data Quality Resources >
Use the following Siebel documentation as additional references when using SDQ:
- Using Siebel Tools for information about how to modify standard Siebel objects and create new objects to meet your organization's business requirements.
- Fundamentals for general information about merging records.
- Siebel Deployment Documentation Suite, including:
- Siebel Installation Guide for the operating system you are using for details on how to install SDQ products
- Siebel System Administration Guide for details on how to administer, maintain, and configure your Siebel servers
- Configuring Siebel Business Applications for information about configuring Siebel Business Applications using Siebel Tools
- Siebel Developer's Reference for detailed descriptions of business components, user properties, and so on
- Deployment Planning Guide to familiarize yourself with the basics of the underlying Siebel application architecture.
- System Monitoring and Diagnostics Guide for Siebel Business Applications.
- Going Live with Siebel Business Applications for information about how to migrate customizations from the development environment to the production environment.
- Security Guide for Siebel Business Applications for information about built-in seed data in the enterprise database, such as employee, position, and organization records.
- Performance Tuning Guide for information about tuning and monitoring specific areas of the Siebel applications architecture and infrastructure, such as the object manager infrastructure.
- Siebel Data Model Reference for information about how data used by Siebel applications is stored in a standard third-party relational DBMS such as DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, or Oracle and some of the data integrity constraints validated by Siebel Business Applications.
- Siebel eScript Language Reference for information about writing scripts to extend SDQ functionality.
- Applications Administration Guide for general information about administering Siebel Business Applications.
- Upgrade Guide or Upgrade Guide for DB2 UDB for z/OS for information about upgrading your installation.
The following third-party documentation that is included on the Siebel Business Applications Third-Party Bookshelf must be used as additional references when using SDQ:
- SSA-NAME3 software documentation from Identity Systems (formerly known as Search Software America). This documentation provides information you need to configure and administer data matching using the SDQ Matching Server.
- Firstlogic software documentation. This documentation provides information you need to configure and administer data matching and data cleansing using Firstlogic.
The Siebel technical support Web site (SupportWeb) is located at http://ebusiness.siebel.com/supportweb. It provides search-engine access to the Siebel Bookshelf, Technical Notes, Siebel Alerts, troubleshooting information, and other important information:
- System Requirements and Supported Platforms on Siebel SupportWeb. A definitive list of system requirements and supported platforms for a release, including the following:
- Release Notes on Siebel SupportWeb. The most current information on known product anomalies and workarounds and any late-breaking information not contained in this book. Release Notes are located on the SupportWeb Knowledge Base at Product Documentation > Release Notes.
- Maintenance Release Guides. Important information about updates to applications in maintenance releases. Maintenance release guides are located on SupportWeb at Product Documentation > Maintenance Release Guides.
- Technical Notes. Important information on specific SDQ issues.
- FAQs. Important information on various SDQ topics. FAQs of particular importance include:
- FAQ 1593: Why are users able to create duplicate contact records in Siebel 7 application?
- FAQ 1843: How can users enable Personal Address data cleansing with Firstlogic?
- Siebel Alerts. Time-critical information on key product behaviors and issues. Siebel Alerts about SDQ issues are located on SupportWeb at Siebel Alerts. One Siebel alert of particular importance is:
- Alert 611: Merging Contact Records with Siebel Data Quality (SSA) May Not Work as Expected
- Siebel Error Messages. Important information about errors that have occurred in the Siebel Business Applications and additional information that can be used to correct the error conditions. Error messages related to SDQ are located on SupportWeb at Siebel Error Messages > Siebel eBusiness, Industry, Midmarket Edition, and CRM Applications Version 7.5.3 and later > Data Quality Manager - DQM.
TIP: Check SupportWeb regularly for updates.