Siebel Data Quality Administration Guide > Universal Connector API >
Vendor Dynamic Link Libraries
Vendors must follow these rules for their DLLs:
- The DLLs must be thread-safe. A DLL can support multiple sessions by using different unique session IDs.
- The DLLs must support UTF-16 (UCS2) as the default Unicode encoding.
- If there is a single DLL for all supported languages, the DLLs must be named as follows:
- If there are separate DLLs for different languages, the DLL name must include the appropriate language code. For example, for Japanese (JPN), the DLLs must be named as follows:
- BASEjpn.dll (on Windows)
- libBASEjpn.so (on AIX and Solaris)
- libBASEjpn.sl (on HP-UX)
The Siebel application loads the DLLs from the locations described in Table 8.
The mapping of Siebel field names to vendor field names is stored as values of the relevant Business Component user properties in the Siebel repository. Storage of these field values is mandatory.
Any other vendor-specific parameter required (for example, port number) for the vendor's DLL must be stored outside of Siebel.