Deployment Planning Guide > Application-Level Deployment Planning >
Siebel Email Response Server Components
Siebel Email Response uses Communications Server components to enable contact center agents to read and respond to inbound email messages.
Key Server Components
Siebel Email Response is supported in the Siebel Server environment primarily by the following server components:
- Communications Inbound Receiver (CommInboundRcvr). This server component receives and queues inbound work items, and queues them for processing by Communications Inbound Processor. Work items may include email messages (for Siebel Email Response), voice work items that are to be routed using Siebel Universal Queuing (for Siebel CTI), or inbound wireless messages for Siebel Wireless Messaging.
- For nonreal-time work items, such as email messages for most deployments of Siebel Email Response, Communications Inbound Receiver queues work items it has received for further processing by Communications Inbound Processor.
- For real-time work items, such as phone calls for Siebel CTI or email messages for some deployments of Siebel Email Response, Communications Inbound Receiver processes work items it has received. Communications Inbound Processor is not used.
- Communications Inbound Processor (CommInboundProcessor). This server component processes inbound work items that were queued by Communications Inbound Receiver.
- Communications Outbound Manager (CommOutboundMgr). This server component sends outbound email.
- Siebel File System Manager. This server component writes to and reads from the Siebel File System. It stores inbound messages prior to processing and stores attachments to inbound and outbound email messages.
Other Siebel Components or Modules
In addition to Siebel Email Response, you may be using the following Siebel components or modules:
Third-Party Email Server
Siebel Email Response works in conjunction with your third-party email server. Review information presented in documentation for your email server for any requirements that affect your deployment. For information about supported email servers, see System Requirements and Supported Platforms on Siebel SupportWeb.