Integration Platform Technologies: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration > External Business Components > Process of Configuring External Business Components >
Mapping External Columns to Siebel System Fields
This task is a step in Process of Configuring External Business Components.
When the EBC is defined, you must map the Siebel application's system fields to the corresponding external table column. System Field mapping is accomplished at the column definition, whether than using business component user properties. Specify the System Field Mapping column attribute if you want to map a Siebel system field to a column.
NOTE: At a minimum, the Id field must be mapped to a unique column defined in the external table and in the Table object definition, which is specified in the business component's Table property.
By default, the Siebel application's system fields are not included in the generated SQL for external tables.
System Field Mapping is used to specify the mapping between table columns and Siebel internal fields.
The following is a list of the Siebel application's internal fields that may be mapped to external table columns:
- Conflict Id. (Optional).
- Created. (Optional) Datetime corresponding to when the record was created.
- Created By. (Optional) String containing the user name of the person and the system that created the records.
- Extension Parent Id. (Optional).
- Mod Id. (Optional).
- Non-system. (Optional).
- Updated. (Optional) Datetime corresponding to when the record was last updated.
- Updated By. (Optional) String containing the user name of the person and system that last updated the record.
- Id. Mandatory. The single column unique identifier of the record. A column in the external table must be mapped to the Id field.
NOTE: The System Field Mapping property should be used in conjunction with external tables only.