Integration Platform Technologies: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration > EAI Siebel Adapter >
Best Practices for Using the EAI Siebel Adapter
The following best practices are to be considered when using the EAI Siebel Adapter:
- Keep the integration objects small. Basically, inactivate any unused fields in the integration component. Avoid creating large integration object instances.
- Test the developed object definitions using the EAI Siebel Adapter before adding to production. You need to test your input and output using working and negative scenarios. Also do performance testing to make sure you are satisfied with the performance of the input and the output.
- Siebel Systems does not support the use of EAI to update data that is based on administration-type business components such as Client - Mobile or Position. Only the System Administrator updates these types of data.
- Always use a search specification with the Query( ) method to avoid receiving every object when run.
- To optimize database performance, you can explicitly specify that the EAI Siebel Adapter use only user key fields. This feature is available for the methods Query, Delete, and Execute. To use it, set the input property QueryByUserKey to True for the EAI Siebel Adapter business service and pass an integration object instance (for example, a Siebel Message) as an input as well. By default, the Siebel adapter uses all the fields in the input integration object instance.