Business Processes and Rules: Siebel eBusiness Application Integration Volume IV > Creating and Using Dispatch Rules > Implementing EAI Dispatch Service >
To define rules
- Click New on the Rules list applet on the EAI Dispatch Service View.
- Provide the following fields for this record:
- Sequence. Enter a sequence number. This determines the sequence in which the application evaluates the rules.
- Search Expression. Actual logic behind what the rule is looking for in the input. Define the Search Expression using Dispatch Rule Grammar. For details, see Search Expression Grammar.
- Property Value (Optional). Populate this field with the value for the property that the input is to be matched with.
- Dispatch Service. The business service that you want to dispatch the input to. You leave this blank if you intend to use the Lookup method.
- Dispatch Method. Pick a method for the business service you defined in the Dispatch Service field.
- Save your rules.
The system validates search expression grammar. If you have not set your rules properly, you will receive an error message. See Table 6 for examples of valid search expressions.