Business Processes and Rules: Siebel eBusiness Application Integration Volume IV > Creating and Using Dispatch Rules > EAI Dispatch Service Scenarios >
For this scenario, you want to receive an XML document from an external system through MQ, HTTP, MSMQ, or other means and have the EAI Dispatch Service write to an error file if certain criteria are not met, as illustrated in Figure 6. The scenario assumes that:
- You are only interested in the message if it contains an OrderReport element; otherwise, you want an error written to the error log.
- You know how to create a workflow.
Figure 6. EAI Dispatching Service Request
To create this scenario
- Create a rule set with a rule that searches the message for the OrderReport element.
- Create a workflow that contains the following steps:
- EAI Data Mapping Engine
- EAI Siebel Adapter
- Create an EAI Dispatch Service that triggers your workflow, once the criteria in Step 1 are matched.