XML Reference: Siebel eBusiness Application Integration Volume V > XML Integration Scenarios > Scenario 2: Integration Using External XML and an XSD or DTD >
Designing the Integration
For an outbound Siebel XML integration, you complete three high-level procedures:
To create the Siebel integration object
- Start Siebel Tools and select File > New Object.
- Select the EAI tab.
- Double-click the Integration Object icon.
- Complete the Integration Object Builder initial page:
- Select the Siebel project from the first drop-down list.
- Select EAI XSD or EAI DTD Wizard as the Business Service.
- Navigate to the path and file of the location of the XSD, DTD, or XML file that you want to use as the basis of the DTD.
NOTE: For details on Integration Object Wizard, see Integration Platform Technologies: Siebel eBusiness Application Integration Volume II.
- Save the new integration object.
To map the data
- Start a Siebel application and navigate to the Siebel Data Mapper.
- Create the data mapping between the external integration object and an internal Siebel integration object.
- Save the mapping.
The new data mapping rules are now in the Siebel Database.
NOTE: For details on Siebel Data Mapper, see Business Processes and Rules: Siebel eBusiness Application Integration Volume IV.