Siebel Energy Guide > Credit Management in Siebel Energy >
About Credit Management in Siebel Energy
Siebel Energy Credit Management provides the following capabilities:
- Credit Alerts. Generates credit alerts when external credit management systems send information about changes in the credit situation of a customer. Provides the ability to send updated credit alert information back to the external credit management systems.
- Activities. Generates activities associated with a credit alert. Also allows you to add activities based on a credit alert.
- Payments. Allows you to send customer payments to the credit management system in response to a credit alert.
- Account Adjustments. Allows you to send requests to the credit management system for adjustments to a customer account when a credit alert is in error. Displays the credit management system's responses to these requests.
- Payment Arrangements. Allows you to send requests to the credit management system for payment arrangement plans in response to a credit alert. Displays the credit management system's responses to these requests.
- Attachments. Allows you to attach external documents to a credit alert.
In addition, Siebel Energy provides the following credit management requirements in other modules:
- Credit Rating. Displays the customer's credit rating details, including credit score, source, and date. For more information, see About Financial Profiles in Siebel Energy.
- Billing Information. Displays customer billing information you may need to resolve a credit alert.
CSRs use Credit Management functionality to manage and monitor customer credit issues. They are responsible for reviewing with the customer all account information and credit issues, as well as answering billing inquiries, suggesting payment arrangement plans, and making account adjustments.
Customer service supervisors use Credit Management functionality to determine if a CSR is allowed to request credit adjustments on a customer's account, set up payment arrangement plans, and maintain billing profiles.