Siebel Events Management Guide > Defining an Event > Administrator Setup Procedures for Defining an Event >
Administrators create the supporting data for the events (that is, account information, venues, setting up rooms, and so on) before creating the event itself. Therefore, many Events Management forms and lists contain fields that depend on existing account data entered in the Accounts screen. An account represents the relationship between your company and the companies or individuals with whom you conduct business. To make data entry in Events Management less time consuming, you can enter account data for event vendors, partners, supporting organizations, and employing organizations of potential event invitees earlier.
Before adding account data, identify the relationships for which you need to create accounts. Then, use the following procedure to enter account data for each relationship.
To enter account data
- Navigate to the Site Map > Accounts view.
- Before adding a new account, search the accounts list to make sure the account does not already exist.
- If the account does not exist, in the Add Section complete the fields for the new account, and click Add.
- In the Recent Records section, drill down on the account name.
- Click the More Info view tab, click the show more button and complete additional fields as needed.
As you gain additional information, or as account details evolve or change, you can update the account information. For more information, including details about adding an account, specifying account details including addresses, and handling company name changes, see Applications Administration Guide.