Siebel Events Management Guide > Defining an Event > Event Management Process Phases >
Event Plan Definition
The definition phase typically includes the following business tasks:
- Defining the purpose of the event. Decide what do you want the event to accomplish.
- Defining the type of event. Decide if the event will be a seminar, a conference, a roadshow, or another type of event.
- Defining the scope of the event. Estimate approximately how many people will attend and for how long. Identify what types of people will attend.
- Determining the nature and the logistics of the event. Determine if the event will require specific timing, a specific location, or a venue.
- Creating an action plan. Identify what activities are required to conduct a successful event.
- Creating a budget for the event. Identify the budget categories and the anticipated costs associated are with each category.