Siebel Finance Guide > Managing Group Pensions >
Defining Group Pension Products
Before end users create an actual group pension plan, the product administrator must first define a group pension product and specify investment options for plan participants.
To define a group pension product
- Navigate to the Administration - Product screen > Products view.
- Click the New and Release button and do the following:
- In the Name field, enter a name for this group pension product.
- In the Finance Product Type field, select Retirement from the drop down list.
- In Products form, select Pension from the Sub Type drop down list.
- Drill down on the name, and on the link bar, click the Group Pensions Product Administration.
- In the Funding Vehicles list, create a new record and complete the fields.
To define funding vehicles for a group pension product
- Navigate to the Group Pensions screen > Group Pensions Administration List view.
- In the Product list, select a group pension product.
- In the Funding Vehicles list, add a record, and complete the necessary fields.
- In the Name field, select the funds and investments available on this plan.
- In the Effective Date field, specify the date this plan will become available within the system.
Once users have defined a group pension product and funding vehicles, the next step is to create a group pension plan for an account (see Defining Group Pension Plans).