Siebel Finance Guide > Managing Companies >
Managing Company Coverage Teams (End User)
A coverage team is the group of employees that are assigned to manage the relationship with a given company. The coverage team for a company is defined as all users who have access to the company in the My Companies view.
NOTE: Similar coverage team functionality is also available for contacts. You can use the Contact Coverage Team view (Navigate to the Contacts screen > Coverage Team view) to manage the contact coverage team.
End users can use the company coverage team functionality available in Siebel Finance to:
- Record and display employees covering a company within a single company record
- Specify and review the nature of the employee's relationship with each covered company, defined as the Coverage Role and Attributes list
To add a member to a coverage team
- Navigate to the Companies screen > Companies List view.
- In the Companies list, drill down on the desired company.
- Click the Coverage Team view tab, create a new record, and select an employee.
- If known, select the employee's coverage role using the drop-down list in the Coverage Role field.
NOTE: The Siebel administrator maintains the Coverage Role LOV in the List of Values screen under the Type field value type FINS_COVERAGE_ROLE_TYPE. Navigate to the Administration - Data screen > List of Values view, to access the List of Values screen.
- If desired, scroll down to the Categories and Securities view tabs and select values defining the coverage relationship between the employee and the company; you can select one or more attributes.
The application adds the employee to the coverage team with a defined relationship. The company will appear in the employee's My Companies view.
End users can create coverage team activities. For more information, see Viewing Company Coverage Team Activities.