Siebel Forecasting Guide > Common High-Level Forecast Usage Scenarios >
Weighted Average—Expected Revenue Forecasting
End users often have a large set of opportunities or products and want to manage total forecast by evaluating the probability of each deal.
The company wants to perform expected value forecasting using revenue, probabilities (driven by sales stages), and expected revenue.
Administrator Usage Scenario
The administrator defines an expected revenue forecast series. The forecast series search definition depends on the specific data need. Critical to the success of this method is the need for the sales operations team to clearly define the following:
- Proper sales stages.
- The criteria necessary to move with the next sales stage.
- The probabilities that should be associated with each sales stage. Sales operations need to modify the probabilities as the process and market environment change.
- A method for managers and sales representatives to keep these sales stages accurate.
End User Revenue Scenario
- Create a new opportunity or revenue items.
- Associate the proper sales stage with each opportunity or revenue item. The probabilities should be automatically created and the expected revenue is automatically calculated.
End User Forecast Scenario
- End user creates a new expected revenue forecast which automatically pulls in the correct revenues with his or her probabilities, sales stages, and expected revenues.
- User adjusts and submits forecast.