Going Live with Siebel Business Applications > Migrating Customizations Between Applications >
Enabling the ADM Deployment Project
Enabling the Application Deployment Manager (ADM) deployment project is a task in the Process for Migrating Customizations Between Applications.
Enabling the project:
- Validates data filters created on the data types.
- Enables the project for use in deployment sessions.
- Locks the project values, that is, nothing can change except the Active field. (If you inactivate the project by clearing the Active field, you cannot deploy the project.)
NOTE: After a project is enabled, it cannot be updated but can be set inactive to prevent further usage. To update an enabled project, copy the project and provide a different name.
To enable the ADM deployment project
- From the application-level menu, choose Navigation > Site Map > Application Deployment Manager screen.
- From the link bar, click Deployment Projects.
- In the Deployment Projects list, select the draft deployment project of interest. (The Status field of the draft deployment project record appears as
- Click the Enable button to activate the project.
ADM populates the Status field with
Enabled and the Publication Date/Time field with the data and time of the project activation.