Going Live with Siebel Business Applications > Migrating Customizations Between Applications >
Process for Migrating Customizations Between Applications
The process for migrating run-time data customizations uses the Application Deployment Manager (ADM) feature and involves two stages: One-time setup and deployment.
For background information on migrating data using ADM, see About Application Deployment Manager (ADM).
One-Time Set-Up Stage
To complete the one-time set-up stage for migrating customizations using ADM, perform the following tasks:
- Creating Integration Objects for ADM
- Creating Content Objects for ADM
- Configuring Batch Workflows for ADM Command-Line Interface Deployment
- Setting Up the Application Environment for Data Migration
- Creating ADM Data Types
- Creating ADM Data Type Relationships
- Creating ADM Deployment Projects
- Creating ADM Deployment Filters
- Enabling the ADM Deployment Project
NOTE: Steps 1, 2, and 5 are only necessary if enabling ADM support for new objects. These steps are not necessary if using the preconfigured data types already available.
To complete the deployment stage for migrating customizations using ADM, perform the following tasks:
- Creating Deployment Sessions Using ADM
- Deploy the ADM Deployment Session. Choose one of the following three methods to deploy ADM sessions: