Going Live with Siebel Business Applications > Migrating Customizations Between Applications >
Creating Integration Objects for ADM
Creating an integration object for Application Deployment Manager (ADM) is a task in the Process for Migrating Customizations Between Applications. This task expands the data types that can be migrated using ADM.
NOTE: The preconfigured data types do not require any configuration in Siebel Tools.
The integration object specifies the format and structure of the set of data you want to migrate.
Use the EAI Object Wizard in Siebel Tools to create integration objects. For background information on integration objects and for details on using the EAI Object Wizard, see Integration Platform Technologies: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration.
NOTE: Intermediate-level knowledge of the Siebel EAI architecture and integration is a prerequisite before performing these tasks. For further information on Siebel EAI, see Overview: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration.
To create an ADM Integration Object
- Identify the business object that corresponds to the data type requiring migration using ADM. This business object must have only one primary business component.
- In Siebel Tools, select File > New Object.
- From the New Object screen, select Integration Object.
The EAI Object Wizard guides you through the process of setting up an integration object.
- Adjust the user keys of the integration object. For further information on user keys for integration objects, see Integration Platform Technologies: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration.
- Validate the integration object by selecting the integration object and clicking Validate.
- Review the report and modify your integration object as needed.