Siebel Consumer Goods Handheld Guide > Using Siebel Consumer Goods Handheld >
Working with Billings in Siebel Consumer Goods Handheld
A common activity at retail outlets is reviewing billings. The sales representative reviews all outstanding invoices, applies any discounts, collects payments, and records the payments in his or her handheld.
To review outstanding invoices
- Navigate to the Outlet Visits screen, then from the Show drop-down list, choose Visit Activities.
The Invoices view in the Accounts screen appears, displaying all outstanding invoices for the current account.
- Select the Review Billings activity and tap Start Activity.
- Select the invoice record and drill down on the Invoice # hyperlink.
The Invoice Line Items view in the Billings screen appears.
- Tap Pay.
The Invoice Payments view in the Billings screen appears.
To collect and record payments
- Navigate to the Billings screen, and locate the account record in the Billings list.
- From the Show drop-down list, choose Invoice Payments.
- Tap the Pay button.
The Billings form from the payment record appears.
- To pay an invoice, the sales representative may either collect a payment from the customer, or use existing credit to pay the invoice.
To collect a new payment from the customer, do the following:
- Tap the New Record Button to create a payment record.
- Tap in the Method field of the detail form, and choose the payment type. For example, Automatic Debit, Check, Wire Transfer, Cash, and so on.
- Enter the payment amount in the Apply to Invoice field.
NOTE: The Payment Total is defaulted to the amount outstanding for the invoice. Apply To Invoice determines what should be applied to the invoice. The amount applied to the invoice cannot be greater than amount outstanding on the Invoice.
- Tap Commit.
The payment record details are auto-populated in the Payments list.
- To use an existing credit to pay off the invoice, do the following:
- Select an existing record in the Pick Payment dialog box.
NOTE: This is an open credit memo or residual payment credited to the customer.
- Enter the amount to apply to the invoice in the New Amount field.
- Tap OK.
- Tap Visit Home to return to the Visit Activities view for the current visit.
- Tap End Activity to record the actual end time and to change the activity status to Done.