Implementing Siebel Business Applications on DB2 UDB for z/OS > Customizing a Development Environment > Process of Applying Schema Extensions to the Target Database >
Preparing the Target Database
Complete the following actions before migrating the changes to the target database:
- Prepare the storage control file (for example, my_storage_file.ctl).
NOTE: If you have created any new extension tables, edit the storage control file to specify the database and table spaces where the new extension tables should reside.
- Ask all mobile users to synchronize.
- Make sure all connected clients are disconnected from the Siebel Database Server.
- When all mobile user transactions have been merged and routed, stop the Siebel Enterprise Server.
- Perform a full backup of the database.
NOTE: If you are changing the data type or length of custom extension columns that already contain data in the target database, export that data before making the schema changes. After making the changes, import the data back into the target database.