Implementing Siebel Business Applications on DB2 UDB for z/OS > Customizing a Development Environment > Siebel Tools Considerations on DB2 for z/OS >
Setting Database Options
When developing applications on any platform (for example, DB2 for Windows) that will eventually be deployed on DB2 for z/OS, you must set the appropriate database options in Siebel Tools. Setting these options enables all Siebel Tools features for DB2 for z/OS and validates Siebel objects for the zSeries:
- The names of schema objects are limited to 18 characters (DB2 for z/OS v7 only).
- CHAR columns with length >1 are allowed.
- Users can eliminate unused indexes.
- Users can reduce the size of VARCHAR fields.
To set database options for DB2 for z/OS
- In Siebel Tools, choose View > Options.
The Development Tools Options dialog appears.
- On the Database tab, select the Developing for deployment on DB2 for zSeries check box.