Implementing Siebel Business Applications on DB2 UDB for z/OS > Installing the Siebel Database Server Files at Midtier > Process of Installing the Database Server >
Preinstallation Tasks for the Siebel Database Server
Before installing the Siebel Database Server, make sure that you have the following resources available to you and have completed the following tasks:
- You have reviewed the Siebel Installation Guide for the operating system you are using.
You have installed the Siebel Gateway Name Server, the Siebel Enterprise Server, and the Siebel Server software in a base language and any additional languages your enterprise requires.
- You have designated a Siebel Server to act as a client to DB2. This server is where you locate the Siebel Database Server directory.
NOTE: Verify that all the Siebel-supported languages you need are installed on the DB2-client Siebel Server. Otherwise, the installation program will not recognize the additional languages when you add them to the Siebel Schema.
- You have installed DB2 Connect, as described in Preparing for Implementation on the DB2 Host and tested ODBC connectivity between the machine on which the Siebel Server is installed and DB2.
- A security administrator (or someone with a logon that can create user IDs and security groups) is available to support your installation.
- A database user (for example, SADMIN) with DBA/CREATEDBA authority exists. This user must also have TSO logon capability for the manual installation process.
- Your system administrator (SYSADM) and database administrator (DBA) have set up the DB2 subsystem. See the instructions in Preparing for Implementation on the DB2 Host.
- The SYSADM has created storage groups and activated and granted use of buffer pools in preparation for installation.
- The Database Owner is a valid authorization ID.
- (Optional) You have installed Microsoft Excel on the client machine to allow use of the Siebel Database Configurator tool.
CAUTION: You cannot install Siebel Business Applications unless you have between 50 and 100 MB of disk space on your system drive, even if you intend to install Siebel Business Applications on another drive.