Siebel Loyalty Administration Guide > Using Siebel Loyalty with Partners >
Managing Loyalty Partners' Rejected Transactions
Partner's Loyalty transactions may be rejected for a number of reasons.
For example, partners purchase point blocks. When they give points to a customer, these points are deducted from the partner's point block. If a partner no longer has enough points to cover a transaction, that transaction is rejected.
The host company must manage these rejected transactions.
Identifying and Commenting on Rejected Transactions
The host company's Loyalty administrator should query periodically to identify rejected partner transactions. The Loyalty Processing Info view gives details on why the transaction was rejected. If desired, a host company employee can also enter a note on the transaction explaining why the transaction was rejected. Then the administrator should enter a note explaining why the transaction was rejected.
To identify and comment on rejected transactions
- Navigate to the Loyalty Transactions view.
- Run a query with the following values:
- Status = Rejected.
- Partner Name = The name of a specific partner.
All rejected transactions for that partner appear.
- For each rejected transaction:
- Navigate to the Loyalty Transactions > Processing Info view and look at the Processing Error Info field to determine why the transaction was rejected.
- Navigate to the Loyalty Transactions > Notes view and enter a note explaining why the transaction was rejected.
Resubmitting Rejected Transactions (Partner)
The partner must review pending transactions periodically in order to identify and fix rejected transactions.
To resubmit rejected transactions
- In the Partner Portal, navigate to the Loyalty Transactions view.
- Query to find all transactions with the status Rejected*.
- For each of these transactions:
- Change the transaction's status from Rejected* to In Progress
- Make any necessary changes to the transaction.
- If desired, enter an explanation of the changes in the Loyalty Transactions > Notes view.
- In the Submit To field, select the partner's designated employee.
- Change the transaction's status to Submitted.