Siebel Marketing Installation and Administration Guide > Installing and Administering Siebel Marketing > Updating Marketing Connection Settings >
Setting Universal Time Option (UTC)
The time zone of the operating system on the Siebel Server machine can be set to any zone. However, the time should be synchronized with the database server. For example, if the time on the database server is 10:00 PM GMT, the Siebel Server machine should show a time of 2:00 PM (PST) or 4:00 PM (CST). To compensate for Siebel Servers and a database that are in different time zones, the Universal Time Option parameter is enabled to specify that server tasks are submitted in reference to a Universal Time. You must set this option to TRUE when deploying your Siebel application globally because global deployments typically have some Siebel Servers in a different time zone from the Siebel transactional database. If your implementation does not span time zones, this setting is optional.
NOTE: If your Marketing Server requests do not run and remain in Queued status, then you may have a UTC issue. Please repeat each step in this task to verify your settings.
For more information about UTC, read Global Deployment Guide.
To set the universal time option
- Navigate to Administration - Application screen > System Preference.
- In the System Preference Name field, query for Universal Time Coordinated, and perform one of the following steps:
- To use the universal time option, in the System Preference Value field, set the value to TRUE.
- To disable the universal time option, in the System Preference Value field, set the value to FALSE.
- Verify that the operating system Clock and Time Zone on the Database Server machine is set to (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time.
- Synchronize the time on the Siebel Server machine with the time on the database server machine.
- Restart the Siebel Server to make your change effective.