Siebel Object Interfaces Reference > Siebel Programming Tools >
Adding New Business Rules to a Business Component
The following procedure describes the steps required to add new business rules to a business component.
To add business rules to a business component
- Start Siebel Tools.
- Choose Repository > Check Out to lock the project from the server repository.
- Select the business component using the Object Explorer and Object List Editor.
- Right-click to bring up the menu, and choose Browser or Server script.
- Select the event from the Event List Tree applet and add your server scripts in the Script Editor.
- Validate the Siebel script syntax by choosing Debug > Check Syntax.
NOTE: The Check Syntax menu item is available for server script only.
- Choose File > Save to save the changes.
- Compile the modified business component by pressing F7.
- Press F5 to run the modified application.
- Choose Repository > Check In to check the modified project into the server repository.