Siebel Performance Management Guide > Setting Up Compensation Planning >
Assigning Compensation Support Team Members to Employees
In cases when managers cannot perform compensation plan actions, and employees request compensation advice, Human Resources can assign support team members to assist employees. For example, Human Resources can assign a manager-level support team member to a manager who needs administrative support while vacationing or to a manager who needs to delegate some compensation tasks.
If an employee has a compensation question, the HR-assigned employee-level support member can view the employee's compensation information and make recommendations.
Manager-Level Support Member
This support team member performs in a proxy capacity, completing necessary tasks such modifying, submitting, and rejecting compensation plans on the behalf of the manager they are supporting. However, the manager-level support member cannot access the individual employee's compensation details.
Employee-Level Support Member
This support team member can view specific compensation details for the employee to whom they are assigned. The employee-level support member cannot modify employee-level data.
These tasks are a step in Process of Setting Up Compensation Planning.
To assign support for an employee
- Navigate to the Administration - User screen > Employees > Support Team view.
- In the Employees list, select the employee.
- In the Support Team list, add a support team member.
- In the new record, select the Support Rule, and complete the remaining fields.
Support Rules are either Employee-Level Support or Manager-Level Support.
To assign employees to an employee-level support person
- Navigate to the Administration - User screen > Employees > Employee Level Support view.
- In the Employees list, select the support person (employee) to whom employees are to be assigned.
- In the Employee Level Support list add the employee and complete the fields.
You can add more than one person for employee level support.
To assign employees to a manager-level support person
- Navigate to the Administration - User screen > Employees > Manager Level Support view.
- In the Employees list, select the support person.
- In the Manager Level Support list, add an employee.
You can add more than one employee for manager-level support.
To assign employees to existing support people (HR task)
- Navigate to the Administration - User screen > Support Team List view.
Using the Visibility filters list, you can list the Support Team - Employee Level or Support Team - Manager Level individuals. To be listed, at least one employee must be assigned as a Support Team member.
- In the Support Team list, select the support person to whom employees are to be assigned.
- In the Supported Employees list, add one or more employees.
Selected employees are supported by the selected support team member in either a manager-level or an employee-level capacity.