Siebel Performance Management Guide > Setting Up Objectives and Reviews >
Creating Objectives Templates
Objectives Templates allow organizations to create and distribute predefined objectives. Employees whose review definitions include a review component with an objectives template automatically inherit the predefined objectives.
Objectives templates should only be used for Individual Objectives and Shared Objectives review component types.
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up Objectives and Reviews.
To create an objectives template
- Navigate to the Administration - Performance Management screen > Review Configuration view.
- From the visibility filters, select Review Components.
- In the Review Components list select the review component, and then click the Objectives Templates view tab.
NOTE: You should create Objectives templates only for Individual Objectives 1-5 or Shared Objectives 1-5 type review components. Employees can edit Individual Objectives, but they cannot edit Shared Objectives.
- In the Objectives Templates list, add a record, and provide a name, description and sequence for the objective.
- In the Weight field, enter a value for the objective weight.
Weights for an objective template with a review component type Shared Objective should always add up to 100 percent.
- Repeat Step 4 and Step 5 to add additional objectives to the template.
The total weight for all objectives must equal 100 percent.
- When you have finished defining the objectives template, save the template.