Siebel Performance Management Guide > Working with Ratings Distributions >
Process of Working with Ratings Distributions
The following lists show the procedures that administrators and managers typically perform to set up and use Ratings Distributions. Your company may follow a different process according to its business requirements.
To set up ratings distributions, perform the following procedures:
- Defining Compensation Planning Cycles.
Create a new planning cycle associated with the review period to be evaluated.
- Creating a Compensation Budget and Budget Type.
If the ratings distribution process is not linked to a compensation budget, create and calculate a placeholder budget in which the budget type or employees are not specified.
- Associating a Compensation Component with a Planning Cycle.
If the planning cycle involves compensation, add the compensation components required for the compensation cycle.
- Specifying Review Periods for Ratings Distributions.
Create a compensation plan and configure the ratings distribution option.
To work with ratings distributions, perform the following procedures
- Adjusting and Submitting Team Ratings.
Managers review the ratings distributions for the team, and adjust the ratings as necessary.
- Rolling Up and Rolling Down Compensation Plans.
Managers can roll up and roll down the compensation plans of direct reports in the organization's hierarchy.
- Submitting Compensation Plans for Ratings Distribution Approval.
Managers submit compensation plans for Ratings Distribution Approval.