Siebel Professional Services Automation Guide > Expense Reporting > End-User Procedures for Expense Reporting >
Changing the Reimbursement Currency
By default, when an expense report is created, the reimbursement currency is set to the currency of the end user's parent organization. The symbol for this currency appears in the following locations:
- Currency Code field of the pop-up form accessed from the expense report Amount Paid field
- Expense Report Total field for the expense report
- Reimbursable Amount field for the expense report
- Converted Amount field for the line items of the expense report
End users can change the reimbursement currency for any individual expense report that they create and that has a status of In Progress, as described in the following procedure.
To change the currency for reimbursement
- Navigate to the Expense Reports screen.
- From the visibility filter, select the appropriate view.
- Create a new expense report record or select an existing expense report record that has a status of In Progress.
- If you have not already done so, navigate to the Expense Reports screen > My Expense Reports view, and select the expense report record you want to work with.
- In the Amount Paid field, click the select button to display a pop-up calculator, and enter an amount.
- In the Currency field, click the select button to display the Pick Currency Code dialog box.
- In the dialog box, select the currency you want used for your reimbursement, and then click OK.
The dialog box closes, and your selection is displayed in the Currency Code field of the pop-up form. The corresponding currency symbol appears in the Expense Report Total field and the Reimbursable Amount field. If either of these fields contain nonzero values, the values are automatically converted to the monetary equivalent in the newly chosen currency.
- Click outside the pop-up form to close it.